Arts Project is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our dynamic gallery team. The Registrations Officer is primarily responsible for providing effective administrative and cataloguing support to the Arts Project gallery and business services. This role facilitates Arts Project to catalogue, document and store artworks for artist folios and files for exhibitions, leases, loans, image licensing and publicity. This role assists the organisation to maintain accurate electronic and database artwork files for the organisation under the direction of the Gallery Manager & Curator. The role provides key administrative support to Arts Project Australia.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Tertiary qualifications in archives & records management or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in organising and managing an art archive and cataloguing system.
- Experience in producing high-quality digital photographs of a range of artwork.
- Demonstrates high-level accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Works effectively both one-on-one as well as in a team.
- Excellent computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Salesforce (or equivalent database/computer cataloguing system) and Adobe Photoshop.
- Current satisfactory police check and working with children check.
- Demonstrated positive OH&S practices.
- Current Victorian Driver Licence.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Tertiary qualifications in arts administration and/or art or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working with disability organisations.
Permanent Part-time: Tuesday – Thursday 9am-4pm, with additional training days as advised.
For a full position description, download the PDF here:
DOWNLOAD PD: REGISTRATIONS OFFICER
APPLICATION SUBMISSION DETAILS
Arts Project Australia seeks applications from interested and experienced applicants who must include the following in their application:
- CV (3 pages max, including relevant experience)
- A brief cover letter/introduction (in the body of email application)
- A concise response to each of the key selection criteria (max 3 pages total)
- Two professional referee contacts (name, email, and phone number only)
Applications should be emailed to Sim Luttin, Gallery Manager & Curator at [email protected].
Applications are due via email no later than 11pm on Sunday 11 June 2017.
Late applications will not be accepted.
I have a job I love in such a narrow industry for which we all spend a lot of time studying…It’s important to work in a place which aligns with your values.
– Arts Project Staff Member
Keep informed of any upcoming opportunities by joining our eNews and by following us on social media #artsprojectaust @artsprojectaust.