WE ARE LOOKING FOR A BOOKKEEPER!
Applications close: 10 February, 2019.
- 3 days per fortnight
- Some flexibility on working from home
We are looking for an individual with an eye for detail to join the Arts Project Australia team. (22 hours per fortnight – days flexible but must include Mondays).
Arts Project offers studio-based programs staffed by practising artists who provide support and assistance to people with intellectual disabilities who wish to develop and/or improve their artistic skills.
It also runs ongoing exhibition and leasing programs through which artists’ work is promoted locally, nationally and internationally across a wide variety of exhibiting contexts including public institutions and commercial galleries. Arts Project Australia is an equal opportunity employer.
Required weekly/fortnightly/monthly tasks:
- Pay supplier invoices fortnightly
- Process payroll fortnightly
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits monthly
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Maintain the petty cash fund monthly
Other tasks as needed:
- Issue invoices to customers as required
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Offer timely and efficient administration support as needed
- Enter data accurately into database.
- Ensure maintenance records management and archival systems are maintained.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced certificate or higher qualifications in business administration or financial management or equivalent experience.
- Ability to prepare budget reports and meeting financial, administrative and program reporting requirements.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, including negotiation skills.
- Current satisfactory clearance for Police Check, Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme and Working with Children Check (can be organised with acceptance of role).
- Experience with MYOB.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with not for profit organisations.
- Experience with Salesforce database.
A full Position Description is attached here:
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please email your application addressing the criteria listed in the Position Description along with your CV to [email protected]
Keep informed of further upcoming opportunities by joining our eNews (sign up at the bottom of this page) and by following us on social media #artsprojectaust @artsprojectaust.
I have a job I love in such a narrow industry for which we all spend a lot of time studying…It’s important to work in a place which aligns with your values.
– Arts Project Staff Member