We march to the beat of our own drum
and map our own future.
Fuelled by an unwavering belief in our artists, we’re buoyed by the creativity and authenticity that exists in our space and heartened by those who delight in sharing it. We believe that art is serious, but making it can be fun. The individual creativity triumphs over conformity and divergent voices make life much more interesting. That art is about revealing ourselves and creating meaningful connections – between artists, staff artists and art lovers. Our experience will always be shared, our knowledge passed on and our studio bound by creativity, integrity and generosity in equal measure. We believe in making a mark that matters.
We believe in art as it should be.
True. And joyful in the making.
Arts Project aims to adapt and extend arts practice to include the artistic visions and needs of people with an intellectual disability, supporting them to participate fully in the visual arts.
The Arts Project philosophy and approach is non-directive, thereby enabling the artists to develop their own practice.
– Board Member
- Provide the means by which people with an intellectual disability can participate fully in the visual arts at their level of interest
- Promote and broaden the understanding of art by people with an intellectual disability as integral to the broad spectrum of contemporary art practice amongst artists and the general public
- Support and provide high-quality community-based education, training and employment in the visual arts
- Focus on and support personal development which will enhance and enrich their ability in arts practice and in other aspects of their lives
- Build an organisational culture that reflects the values of Arts Project
our approach to supporting our artists
- Encourage individual artistic expression and personal style
- Provide high-quality materials and a range of media
- Promote the work as integral to the broad spectrum of contemporary art
- Connect with other artists, studios, and galleries