Alan Constable | CERAMIX
Alan Constable has collaborated with Peter Atkins to participate in CERMIX showing from May 15 presented by Manly Art Gallery & Museum and the Australian Ceramics Association.
They have produced Kodak Camera Kit, the second in-depth collaboration between Alan Constable and Peter Atkins after their highly successful ‘Polaroid Project’ from 2014. ‘Kodak Camera Kit’ explores a range of mostly obsolete products that were produced during the middle of the 20th century by the American company Eastman Kodak.
Curated by Sophia Cai, CERAMIX is an exhibition in which ceramic artists worked in collaboration with invited artists of their choice (working in other mediums), to create new works. By pairing ceramics with non-ceramics practices, CERAMIX explores the potential outcomes from cross-disciplinary collaboration and dialogue with a focus on experimentation. Moving beyond medium-specificity, it focuses on the open possibilities of clay as a starting point for making work.
Featuring collaborations between:
- Glenn Barkley, Ceramics, NSW & Louise Meuwissen, Textiles, VIC
- Canbora Bayraktar Ceramics, NSW & Yeliz Yorulmaz, Mixed Media, NSW
- Claybia (Cassandra Chilton & Molly O’Shaughnessy), Ceramics, VIC & The Huxleys (Garrett Huxley & Will Huxley), Performance/Fashion, VIC
- Alan Constable, Ceramics, VIC & Peter Atkins, Painting/Sculpture, VIC
- Sam Gold, Ceramics, SA & Sarra Tzijan, Jewellery, SA
- Varuni Kanagasundaram, Ceramics (TACA), VIC & Kate Beynon, Painting, NSW
- Sassy Park, Ceramics, NSW & Mara Schwerdtfeger, Music/Composer, VIC
- David Ray, Ceramics, VIC & Hannah Bertram, Installation, VIC
- Sarah Rayner, Ceramics, QLD & Sophie Carnell, Jewellery/Silver, TAS
- Simon Reece, Ceramics, NSW & Vicky Browne, Sound/Installation, NSW
- Franz Schroedl, Ceramics, ACT & Shesha Reddy, Architect/Sculpture, ACT
- Vipoo Srivilasa, Ceramics, VIC & Sai-Wai Foo, Mixed Media, VIC
- Eloise White, Ceramics, ACT & Noel McKenna, Painting, NSW