MEDIA RELEASES 2017
- Luminous Kinship, Sentient Kingdom: January 2017
- AUSTRALIANA Collaboration with Third Drawer Down and National Gallery of Victoria: January 2017
- Laura Sheehan Solo: March 2017
- Home & the Fabric of the Familiar: March 2017
- Let’s Dance: May 2017
- Ian Gold Solo + Girt by Sea: June 2017
- My World + The Pursuit of Colour: July 2017
- What’s On: July – December 2017
MEDIA RELEASES 2016
- 2016 Annual Gala: December 2016
- HESTA ‘Outstanding Community Organisation’ win : November 2016
- i heart rock: rock is the total work of art: October 2016
- Terry Williams Rhythms of the Handmade: September 2016
- Landmarks: August 2016
- FLAIR Collins Place Pop-Up: August 2016
- group show : second iteration: August 2016
- Here and Now: July 2016
- Georgia Szmerling Solo & Clay: It’s a matter of Substance: June 2016
- Telltale A Collaborative Group Exhibition: May 2016
- Paragon of Virtue – Gavin Porter Solo: March 2016
- Signature Style – Cam Noble Solo: March 2016
- Bronwyn Hack Solo & Apocalyptic Group: February 2016
MEDIA RELEASES 2015
- 2015 Annual Gala: November 2015
- It takes more than 140 characters to write a novel: October 2015
- Lisa Reid: The Devil’s in the Detail: August 2015
- John Northe Solo & After…:
- Somewhere in the City: June 2015
- Altered Vistas & Down the Rabbit Hole: May 2015
- Ruth Howard Solo & That’s Funny: March 2015
- Hello Sailor & Drawn Together: February 2015
MEDIA RELEASES 2014
- 2014 Annual Gala: October 2014
- now the heart is filled with gold as if it were a purse: Octpber 2014
- Julian Martin: Transformer: August 2014
- 6° of Separation and Patrick Francis Solo: July 2014
- Polaroid Project: May 2014
- Into the Vault and out of the Box & Rebecca Scibilia Solo: April 2014
- Animal Magnetism and Tim Williams Solo: March 2014
- Knowing Me, Knowing You: January 2014
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you’d like any further information on our gallery, artists, shows or past exhibitions please contact us.
MEDIA RELEASE POLICY
Arts Project Australia (Arts Project) abides by the Australian and Victorian Disability Service Standards and the Privacy Act (1988) that includes all Media Releases.
This Media Release Policy has been issued to assist journalists in complying with these standards and the privacy act. Standard 4 ensures the client’s right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality in all aspects of his or her life is recognised and respected with particular reference to the use and release of information. The Privacy Act (1988) states that sensitive information that has been collected which is necessary for Arts Project’s activities must not be disclosed to third parties – for example, the specific nature of a client’s disability.
Arts Project has a studio and exhibitions program that supports people with disabilities. However, it is important to understand that these people are artists in their own right with some having achieved wide recognition and international acclaim for their artwork. When our artists exhibit in our gallery and other galleries, they are included and participate in the broad spectrum of contemporary art practice based solely on merit for their artwork. The artists have the right to dignity and privacy, and therefore we object to any press coverage that seeks to label or marginalise the artists, identifies the disability of an artist, or elicits pity.
Therefore when referring specifically to artists (and their artwork), it is requested that you do not identify or infer that they are people with disabilities or use similar discriminatory descriptions.
When referring to Arts Project in general, Arts Project may be described as an organisation supporting people with disabilities. An example of preferred wording would be: “Arts Project Australia provides an exhibitions program and studio sessions staffed by practising artists who provide support and assistance to people with disabilities who wish to develop their artistic skills.”