I would still be creative without Arts Project but coming here has given me purpose and direction.
Why Should YOU join Arts Project?
In our vibrant studio in Northcote you have the opportunity to develop and refine your art practice with assistance, guidance, and mentorship of our staff who are themselves practicing artists. The gallery places great emphasis on career management and is committed to a long-term approach in promoting your art practice.
Need more reasons?
- Arts Project recognises the importance of using quality art materials to ensure the longevity of your work is maintained across many years
- We can connect you and your portfolio with the broader contemporary arts sector
- Professional artists will regularly review and select from your artwork to place into your professional folio for selection by curators and art buyers
- Your art will be professionally photographed and stored here on your behalf
- We will protect your rights as an artist including the copyright of artwork images
- We will treat you and your work with courtesy and respect and ensure that your artwork is always exhibited in a professional manner
- Arts Project professionally writes your artist biography and CV
Arts Project Australia understands the commitment required for a successful art career and has a commitment to a long-term approach in supporting your chosen career pathway
What experience to you need to have?
When can you attend?
The program operates on a sessional basis, and artists can choose to come as often as they like according to their level of interest or other commitments. Attendance can range from one full day per week through to full time depending on availability:
- Our weekday program offers all the professional services of the gallery and studio and runs from 9.30am to 3pm each weekday
- Our Saturday Recreational Program offers you the opportunity to draw and paint for two hours on Saturdays – we run 10am – 12pm and a 1pm – 3pm sessions.
Do fees and charges apply?
Yes, and we are happy to discuss this with you and there is more information on our funding page.
What’s the next step?
Anyone interested in joining the studio program must make an appointment to meet with James, the Studio Manager. Potential artists are shown around the studio and given comprehensive information the about studio program, including expectations and requirements of the artists. You will then be asked to complete all enrollment forms, and organise your funding before commencing the studio program. We can assist you with that process. Places in our program are limited. If you are eligible and there isn’t a place available, you can elect to be placed on a waiting list. We will notify you should a place become available.
If you are interested in joining the studio program call us on 9482 4484 or email [email protected].