Satellite Arts supports participants in developing their art practice by offering the opportunity to join an online creative community. The program gives artists access to professional mentorship and assistance from a highly qualified team of staff artists and the chance to create, discuss, and explore art in a supportive group environment.
The content is tailored to each artist’s personal working preferences, with the option to join both individual and group sessions on Zoom. Satellite Arts operates on a sessional basis each Tuesday and Thursday, with artists attending according to their level of interest or other commitments. Satellite Arts artists also have the opportunity to explore, develop and expand their art practice through a range of disciplines, with an optional materials kit available for purchase.
Satellite Arts follows Victorian school term schedule with holiday breaks:
• 2021 TERM 4: Monday 4 October – Thursday 16 December
• 2022 TERM 1: Monday 31 January – Friday 8 April
• 2022 TERM 2: Tuesday 26 April – Friday 24 June
• 2022 TERM 3: Monday 11 July – Friday 16 September
• 2022 TERM 4: Monday 3 October – Tuesday 20 December
- Ability to critically reflect on personal art practice
- Actively engage with creative networks and communities online
- Critically engage with external exhibitions
- Create finished artworks which are then documented
- Set goals for future projects
- Inclusion in an online group exhibition (private to program participants)